How to Get Your Greenville, SC Accident Report

Greenville SC Accident Report

If you suffer an injury in a car accident in Greenville, you should get a copy of your accident report as soon as possible.

Accident reports not only contain the findings of the responding officer’s investigation, but also evidence of your injuries and any damage to your vehicle.

As a result, your Greenville, SC accident report is an important piece of evidence in your personal injury claim.

Ways to Request Greenville Accident Reports

If the Greenville City Police Department or Greenville County Sheriff’s Office responds to your accident, you can obtain your Greenville, SC accident report in-person, by mail, or online.


Both the GCPD and the GCSO submit their accident reports to the Greenville County Department of Public Safety Records Office. To request a copy of your Greenville accident report, simply visit the Public Records Office at the following address:

Greenville County Public Records
4 McGee Street, Ste. 119
Greenville, SC 29601
Phone: 864-467-5257
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Get Directions

Each copy of your Greenville accident report costs $3.00.

Were you involved in a car accident? Getting a hold of your accident report is an important piece of evidence involving your case.

By Mail

To get a copy of your Greenville, SC accident report by mail, just fill out a request and send it to the address above.

Alternatively, fill out form FR-50 and send it to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. When you send a request to the SCDMV, make sure to include your name, mailing address, the date of the accident, the location of the accident, the names of the drivers involved, and your driver’s license number.

Mail two copies of the form, along with a check or money order for $6.00, to the following address:

Financial Responsibility
P.O. Box 1498
Blythewood, SC 29016-0040


Finally, the SCDMV allows you to request copies of your Greenville accident report online through their website.

Simply visit and search for your report by providing your driver’s license number, social security number, and date of birth.

Contact an Experienced Greenville Personal Injury Attorney Today

At the Peace Law Firm, we understand how hard it is to fight the insurance companies when you sustain injuries in an accident. Whether you receive an unfair offer or the insurance company denies your claim, we are here to help.

We represent all types of insurance claims, including claims for life insurance, disability insurance, ERISA, and personal injury. We don’t represent any insurance companies or employers and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.

With more than 15 years of experience, John Peace knows what it takes to level the playing field against insurance companies, employers, and group benefit plans.

If you need help getting a copy of your Greenville, SC accident report, or would like to discuss the details of your case, give attorney John Peace a call at 864-298-0500 for a free consultation.